Sunday, July 10, 2011

Recap of Scioscia/Trumbo signing

The line as far as the eye can see
Doug snapping away

Mike Scioscia
Mark Trumbo
 I arrived around 6 in the morning to get a good spot. If you didn't get there before 7-7:30 the chances were getting slim. Since there was only one signing Saturday and Scioscia being a Dodger, the line grew by every passing minute. The Howards staff thought they had the line organized. Near the doors looked good but many stories of people taking cuts beyond that point. Also Howards never saved a spot for Scioscia and Trumbo. They cruised the parking lot to look for a spot. Mike Scioscia arrived 30 minutes late. I asked him why was he late. He said "I drove up and down looking for this place". I had trouble finding Howards myself. The Howards staff handed out water for people in line. They also hats and sock Rally Monkeys for the first 300. My son left the happiest from this event. He finally got the Rally Monkey. We couldn't make to the game to get it for him. Doug and Tony, thanks for making the wait fun. It was fun meeting up with good friends again. I had a blast!  See you on the next one.

2 comments:

  1. I had a great time yesterday. I can't believe how long that line was!

    Anyway, thanks for the event info. I can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great event! Trumbo is starting to tear it up! 17 hr.s at the all star break is awesome. If he comes up again I think a baseball is in order. Scioscia was great also, good guy. Great time hanging out in line with you and your family, Tony 2. See you at the next event.
    Doug

    ReplyDelete